A blog by a redhead, but not just for redheads. I’m an all-around fun, fearless, female confident in my knowledge of make-up artistry, products and styles and am here to help...if you want it!

27 June 2011

Attitude Over Presentation

| |

What do you do when you are all dressed up and suffer a wardrobe misfortune i.e. spilling red wine on yourself at a nice dinner, sitting in something while wearing white trousers or landing in a pile of mud when you almost fall in the Thames? I know first hand how upsetting this can be, since I did land in the mud while almost falling into the Thames.


I will forgo the story of my stupidity and just tell you that I have not laughed that hard in a long time, but at the same time, I was covered in mud, miles from my flat and had the whole day ahead of me.  I'll tell you what I did...I owned that mud and I stayed in town all day.  You're probably thinking that I'm some nutter for doing so, but the mud wasn't caked on my butt which is all that mattered to me.  If I had in fact had a brown bottom I would have hightailed it back to SW11 and called it a day, but I wore my newly mud splattered jeans like they were the latest trend.  Did I get looks from people? Yes, some people did double take, however more often than not the people didn't even take notice. I know that sometimes it's hard to grin and bear it! Although you will notice, when you can own the wardrobe misfortune and not look embarrassed by it, no one is really taking notice.

The lessons I did learn from this, when you think it's a good idea but know it's probably not, don't do it! And don't ask the people in Pret over by the Tower of London if you can have some napkins or kitchen towel...they will not help you out!

0 comments: