A blog by a redhead, but not just for redheads. I’m an all-around fun, fearless, female confident in my knowledge of make-up artistry, products and styles and am here to help...if you want it!

06 July 2011

Glam Your Gams

| |

I'm going to be embarrassingly honest...I get 5 o'clock shadow on my legs. I shave in the morning and by early evening I can feel those pesky little prickles rearing their ugly head on my legs again.  It's probably the one thing I hate most.  I wish I could shave and have smooth legs for days, but no that wont happen.  I've never tried waxing my legs as I just cant be bothered to grow the hair out long enough to then have it ripped out.  I would love to have laser hair removal, but after researching, I found out that having blond leg hair makes it almost impossible.  C'est la vie!  So I am forced to deal with shaving on a regular daily basis. 

I'm now going to let you in on my shaving secret...I use hair conditioner instead of shaving cream.  OK, I know I'm not the first one to do this, but I cannot tell you how amazing it is.  Shaving cream, the foamy stuff, dries my legs out but conditioner leaves my legs feeling silky and soft (well at least until the 5 o'clock shadow happens.) I have to tell you though, it does wonders for the legs!  I've been using Superdrug's Coconut and Sweet Almond Conditioner.  It's so convenient as its come in a pump bottle, its £.99 and it smells gorgeous! 


When I get out of the shower I moisturize my legs with Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturizing Creme to keep the legs feeling silky. My skin is on the drier side so I do my best to keep my body feeling like a baby's bottom :)  This has been doing the trick for right now. 
But I would be nowhere if it weren't for my amazing razor.  The Gillette Venus Embrace is the most amazing razor I have ever used!  I will sing its praises until the cows come home.  If last forever and it's moisture strip that goes around the whole cartridge does wonderful things for a shave. 

These three products have been life saving for my legs this summer!

0 comments: