A blog by a redhead, but not just for redheads. I’m an all-around fun, fearless, female confident in my knowledge of make-up artistry, products and styles and am here to help...if you want it!

23 August 2011

Product of the Week

| |

This week's product is a bit different, its a book.
I finished the first book in the Stieg Larsson trilogy and while I wait to get the second in the series I needed a quick book to read.  My flatmate lent me a booked called e by Matt Beaumont and I cannot stop laughing as I read it.  The book is written all in email correspondence via employees at an advertising agency.  The blurb on the back of the book reads...

Consisting entirely of emails, e spends a few weeks in the company of Miller Shanks, an advertising agency embarked upon the quest to land Coca-Cola - the account they would sell their collective grandmothers in a car boot sale to acquire.

Meet:
a CEO with and MBA from the Joseph Stalin School of Management
a director who is a genius, if only in his ow head
creatives with remarkable brains, if only in their trousers
a copywriter with the two things no adwoman should ever let show -
underarm hair and a conscience
secretaries who drip honey and spit cyanide
the sad git in accounts

This is one pitch that nobody will ever forget.


I don't know about you, but to me reading is totally in style and this book is such a great light read.  If you want a book that will make you laugh out loud, this is it!  It comes highly recommended by me...if that is any consolation :)

4 comments:

molly said...

i love this style of book so much i find them so intersting and quirky, and i really need to get this book! and agree reading is definatly in style.
i really like your blog, check out my blog, ive followed you;)
mollyox. blogspot.com

Jean said...

Hi Molly! Thank you for following me, I have followed you back. Looking forward to readking along on your blog!
~Jx

Unknown said...

ooks like a great choice for a light reading session on the beach! I would consider this oen next time I go to the library :)
Thank you!
Catanya

Jean said...

Catanya, thanks for reading along :) This book is so funny (in my opinion) and definitely think its worth a consider at the library. I hope you continue to follow me!
~Jx