A blog by a redhead, but not just for redheads. I’m an all-around fun, fearless, female confident in my knowledge of make-up artistry, products and styles and am here to help...if you want it!

11 August 2011

Travel Wear

| |

I used to be the kind of girl who would throw on my sweats when I got on an airplane, whether I was traveling a few states away or a few countries away.  I was a right mess getting on and off of an airplane. Now I like to take some pride in my appearance no matter where I am headed (ok maybe not when I'm heading to Tesco after a crazy night.)   However I don't want to get on a plane looking like a dump anymore.  Gone are the days of the giant hoodie and sweats and here are the days of casual, comfortable chic. Also, I like to remain pretty minimal with what I travel in due to security checks and all that as well. There is nothing worse than getting stuck behind the girl with the boots that need to be unlaced and 24 pieces of jewelry that she has forgotten to take off when going through the machine.  Oh, you know who I'm talking about!

I like to think that I'm a pretty seasoned traveller and I know how to make going through security happen as smoothly as possible.  Therefore I avoid wearing any excess jewelry that might set off the detector. I also avoid belts as I have been that girl who did forget to take it off and walked through *hides face in shame* And I try to wear slip on shoes that will make it not only easy to take them off but to put them back on.  In the winter I may opt for a slip on boot.  If I'm going on a long trip I like to be as comfortable as possible but still look nice.  Sometimes I will opt for a long flowy maxi dress or maybe I will opt for a pair of leggings with a long cardigan.  One thing I always travel with is a pashima. I'm never without it.  You never know when you will need some extra warmth, more cushion for a pillow or to give your neck a little more support.  Not to mention its a great pop of color.  I'm usually an all black dressed traveller.  If the trip is a shorter distance I'll travel in what I wore that day.  It important to me that I don't look like a trash heap.

Take pride in your appearance ladies and gentlemen, no matter if your on a 40 minute trip from New York to Boston or if you are traveling to the other side of the world.  You know you will feel so much better about yourself when you step off that plane and don't look like you have crawled out from under a rock (too harsh?) I'm not saying wear your formal wear, be comfortable, but look pulled together.


0 comments: