A blog by a redhead, but not just for redheads. I’m an all-around fun, fearless, female confident in my knowledge of make-up artistry, products and styles and am here to help...if you want it!

14 September 2011

Give Me A Kiss

| |

Red lipstick used to intimidate me like you wouldn't believe! I loved how it looked on other people, but for some reason I always felt like I would never be able to pull it off.  I would sit at the mirror, apply (with perfection) lip liner and lipstick in beautiful shades of red, admire it for 30 seconds and no sooner wipe it away.  This was a common occurrence for me as I loved the way it made a bold statement, but was never brave enough to wear it out the door.  I was always envious of those women I'd see out with their red lacquered lips, thinking 'wow, they look so great.'

It wasn't until I started working for in makeup that I became brave enough to bust it out.  There were no makeup rules so to speak, you just had to be wearing it and make it look impeccable.  There are some of the most amazing shades of reds out there to experiment with also. While I'm a pretty hard core lip balm wearer, I do love to pull out the red lips on a number of occasions. 

I've learned that you don't need to be getting all dolled up to rock the red lips, sometimes my favorite look is a t-shirt, jeans and sandals with minimal makeup and a bold red lip.  It says, 'yep I'm rocking a red lip and I'm totally comfortable with it'
What is your feeling on red lips?

0 comments: