A blog by a redhead, but not just for redheads. I’m an all-around fun, fearless, female confident in my knowledge of make-up artistry, products and styles and am here to help...if you want it!

16 September 2011

My First GlossyBox!

| |

Hello Lovelies!

(I sound like Tamara from Glam and Glitter 4Ever)

I jumped on the GlossyBox bandwagon this month.  What is GlossyBox you might ask? Well, it's a subscription service where you pay £10 +shipping a month and receive 5 luxury samples sent to your door in the cutest packaging ever (have I ever mentioned that I am a sucker for great packaging!) Look for yourself!

I mean come on, isn't this the cutest?! But wait, it gets better...look what's inside!

Now, if you haven't already read a hundred million posts on GlossyBox's here is what I got.  

1. Neal and Wolf Harmony Intensive Care Treatment: It's a deep repair hair conditioner and it's supposed to leave my hair shiny, healthy and manageable.  I haven't used it yet, but if it does what it promises I am sold!  My hair is in need of some love and I'm hoping this will do the trick!  I'm smells divine too, clean and a bit floral.

2. HD Brows Eye&Brow Palette: I think this is the product I'm the most excited about.  If you didn't know already, I am a bit of a brow fanatic.  I'm obsessed with my eyebrows looking perfect.  I wish had before and after photos of my brows from the age of 15 to now for you to see what I've been through. What a transformation! But I digress...this is a multi-use palette with four matte eyebrow colours.  They can also double as shadow and liner and they promise to last 24 hours.  I'm definitely putting this one to the test tomorrow with a long day of working a London Fashion Week event.

3. Kimia Exquisite Rejuvenating Facial System: This is a 100% natural formula that quickly absorbs into the skin to heal, protect and hydrate your skin.  There are 2 products, a face oil and a hydra-activator.  I'm quite curious about these as they are 100% natural and my skin can be very temperamental. We will see what it does. 

4. Dead Sea Spa Magik Salt Brushing: This was voted the best exfoliator by You Magazine. It's a blend of pure Dead Sea Salts, vitamin E and coconut oil with a citrus aroma.  I do love a good exfoliator and my skin is super dry so it will love me for this!  And they gave us 2 packets which is fabulous!

5. Plum by Mary Greenwell: This is a signature fragrance by makeup artist Mary Greenwell.  Top notes of English plum, blackcurrant, peach, bergamot and lemon blend with heart notes of gardenia, tuberose absolute, orange flower absolute, rose absolute and jasmine absolute with a base of precious woods, sandalwood, oakmoss, patchouli, amber and white musk. I put this on me to try it out as my body chemistry does weird things to fragrances and my sense of smell is super sensitive.  I will be honest. I like the aroma but I don't think I like it on me.  Its great in the bottle but on my skin I don't love it. I might need to try it again to properly judge it.  

And there you have it!  I'm super excited about this. I love trying things out and GlossyBox really spoiled me with the sizes of things.  I will be sure to give you a real rundown on the products as I use them!  I almost can't wait until the middle of next month to see what comes in that one!




0 comments: