A blog by a redhead, but not just for redheads. I’m an all-around fun, fearless, female confident in my knowledge of make-up artistry, products and styles and am here to help...if you want it!

30 January 2012

Budget Living

| |

Hello lovelies!


Given that its the end of the month and tomorrow is payday, I thought I would write a little bit about how to be fabulously stylish and beautifully made-up on a budget.  Living within my means is something I'm not very good at, however my current income forces me to be a lot more frugal.  Here are a few tips and tricks that I have been learning. 

Fashion:

As much as we all would like to be able to go out and buy new clothes whenever we fancy, it's not always possible.  I mentioned my addiction to Pinterest in a previous post and what I have been doing is looking at the things I have pinned and thinking about how I can put together similar outfits with what I have in my wardrobe already.  It forces me to really shop my wardrobe and it also makes me pull together looks that I might not have thought about before.  
Yesterday this was my inspiration, but I wore a navy stripped shirt and a green cardigan.

This next outfit is something I am dying to pull together.  I have scarves, tights and a white shirt and when I can spend the money, I found a very similarly skirt at Topshop for £26.99.  I can absolutely do this and only spend a few pounds.  

Makeup:

Being a makeup artist, I'm notorious for having a bunch of different products at any given time...mostly it's due to gratis or the incredible discount I had.  However, I'm not really doing too much makeup these days so I have no reason to buy 5 different types of concealers or foundations.  I've really cut back on my makeup spending.  We all love to try to find the best thing out there and even when we find a product we love, we can't help but still want to find something better...I know I'm not the only one who does this.  However, do we really need to buy a new mascara just because we read about how amazing is it, when we have a mascara that we might have just opened up? No, ladies, we don't!  I'm slowly learning that I don't need to buy that lip gloss that FleurTali or Dara are raving about..as much as I really want to.  I need to learn to use up what I have before I go out and buy something new.  
Also, I can't stress enough that you can get some really great products from high street (or drugstore) shops, we don't always have to shop high end.  Pixiwoo does some great videos on drugstore makeup.  

So there you have it, this is what I have been doing to cut costs and living a little bit more within my means.  I hope that you found some of this useful.  

What have you been doing to live within your budget?







2 comments:

Annie said...

Loving that second look with that lovely skirt - so cute :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Jean said...

Annie- Thank you for commenting and following! I love that look as well. I'm lusting after the skirt from TopShop. I checked out your blog, I see you are a fellow Boston girl!

~Jx